APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application, with payment, to be received no later than July 31. Vendor site allocation may be based on date of receipt of application. If your application is received and accepted prior to April 15, notice of your attendance will be listed in our Entry Book. Acceptance at previous CVEX does not guarantee participation this year
PAYMENT: A booth space will not be considered sold and occupied until full payment has been made and confirmation has been received from the CVEX. No exhibitors will be permitted entry into the show until full payment has been received. CVEX management reserves the right to move an exhibitor to a different location for the best interests of the show. This reservation request becomes a contract after it is signed by the exhibitor and accepted by the Comox Valley Exhibition.
ALL NSF CHEQUES ARE SUBJECT TO A $75.00 SERVICE CHARGE
CANCELLATIONS, LATE COMERS & NO SHOWS: Any space not claimed or occupied, or for which no special arrangements have been made prior to 4:00 PM Thursday August 24, may be resold or reassigned by Show Management and any monies paid will be forfeited. Cancellations made up to July 1 will be subject to a $50.00 administration fee. No refunds will be made on cancellations made after July 1 unless approved by the Board of Directors.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- EXHIBIT HOURS OF OPERATION
- Friday, —-– 12 noon – 7 pm
- Saturday, – 10 am – 7 pm
- Sunday, –– 10 am – 5 pm
- Exhibitors must be ready to open ½ hour prior to opening times and close at event closing times.
- GENERAL RULES & CONDITIONS
- All displays must be clean and attractive.
- Space contracted by the exhibitor may not be sublet, resold or shared without the prior written permission of the CVEX.
- The Exhibitor shall repair, at their own expense, any damage to the space occupied by them.
- CVEX reserves the right to alter or change the space assigned.
- Exhibitor identification must be worn at all times. Security will not allow exhibitors access to the facility prior to or during public hours without identification.
- Tents, tables, chairs must all be provided by vendor
- All equipment must be secured and safe for all weather conditions. 10 inch spiral spikes (ardox nails) are recommended for small tents and tarps
- GATE ADMISSION
- Exhibitor gate passes will permit in and out privileges to the grounds only. Additional passes can be ordered with your application for people working in your booth only. Additional passes requested after the payment deadline will be at full gate price.
- STAFFING OF EVENTS
- All booths must be staffed at all times during the hours of the show. Unmanned booths must receive prior written approval.
- Security personnel will be on duty from Thursday until closing Sunday
- Exhibitors are advised to adequately insure their merchandise. It is suggested that any movable, valuable materials be taken out each evening immediately after show closing. CVEX is not responsible for articles left in booths
- FAIR THEME
- Canada 150 and growing
- MOVING IN AND OUT
- Move In – Thursday, prior to the Fair from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm and Friday from 7am to 10am.
- All exhibits must be completely set-up and approved before 11:00am Friday.
- NO vehicle movement on or off the grounds 1 hour prior to and 1 hour after operating hours per regulation 1 except as noted in move out below..
- Move Out – Sunday, 5:00 pm or until spectators have left. Must be completed by noon Monday.
- In case of inclement weather you will be notified if the Board of Directors has approved an earlier time.
- If an alternate move in or out time is required, it must be with the written permission of the Director in charge and the escort of a member of the Security or Parking team.
- Your designated area must be left in the same condition as when you arrived. You must deposit any and all refuse generated into the dumpsters provided.
- All vendors will receive one parking pass which must be displayed prominently on the windshield.
- Vehicles not displaying a parking pass or in an undesignated area will be towed at owners expense
- Park in the designated areas as directed by the Director or attendants.
- Coming & Going throughout the day for inventory purposes will be as per the Crafts Director direction and we will endeavor to provide assistance with a golf cart from that site if required.
- Exhibitors vehicles may not be in the public area unless they are an integral part of the display.
- Do not leave vehicles blocking entrances or driveways.
- Parking is not permitted in the handicapped parking area.
- INSURANCE / LIABILITY
- CVEX will not accept responsibility for injury to persons, loss of, or damage to, products, exhibits, equipment or decorations by fire, accident, theft or any other cause, during the event, move in or move out. The exhibitor is responsible for obtaining any / all insurance related to the participation and requirements of exhibits in the show.
- A copy of your proof of insurance must be attached to your application
- PRODUCTS DISPLAYED / EXHIBITOR RESTRICTIONS
- No products or merchandise may be sold except for draw tickets and memberships
- Products exhibited are restricted to those products identified and approved on the exhibit contract.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to demonstrate their products outside of their exhibit space.
- Show management reserves the right to limit or terminate any demonstrations which, in their opinion, are objectionable or inappropriate due to: theme, toxic fumes, exhaust, or detrimental to the character and nature of the show.
- SOUND LEVELS
- Any attention arousing devices such as music, televisions, voice amplification, etc. must be kept at levels that do not interfere with other exhibitors and the CVEX entertainment.
- Trash bins are only for trash generated during the three days of the CVEX.
- Use the large commercial bins behind the curling rink. Do not overfill bins in public view. Please be responsible for taking your trash to assigned areas before, during & after event.
- DOGS / PETS
- Dogs are not permitted with the exception of Certified Assistance Dogs and dogs registered events.
- Dogs running at large will be impounded.
- Giving away or selling any animal is not permitted.
- OVERNIGHT CAMPING (This fee is required as the Regional Board levies a fee to CVEX for all camping)
- All campers must register in advance. Camping Forms available at www.cvex.ca. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Per night camping unit fee is $20.00 and $25.00 per night if electrical is required
A unit is a tent, trailer, motor home or camper. (Example – parents in a trailer and children in a tent are 2 units)
- Check in with the CVEX office is required when you move in.
- Camping will be in the camping area unless written permission is received from the Director in charge.
- Campers not displaying the camping pass provided by the CVEX will be asked to leave.
- SMOKING / ALCOHOL / FIREARMS
- Smoking is prohibited in buildings and throughout the grounds, except in designated smoking areas.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited except in the designated Beverage Garden.
- With the exception of R.C.M.P., firearms, ammunition and explosives are prohibited on the Exhibition Grounds.
- Sale of raffle tickets is restricted to those booths approved by CVEX.
- Organizations are responsible for their own lottery licenses.
- “For Sale” signs are not permitted.
- The CVEX reserves the right to refuse anyone entry and to remove anyone for cause.
- All vendors will receive a confirmation of acceptance of their application via mail, telephone or email.
Any Exhibitor / Vendor, who violates any of the TERMS & CONDITIONS or any of the rules printed herein, or any part of their contract, may be barred from further attendance for such a period as may be decided by the Board.
Terms & Conditions are subject to change for legal reasons or to improve the quality of the CVEX. You will be advised of those changes as soon as possible.